Set in the heritage-listed Fitzroy Gardens, this visitor centre is your first stop from which to explore the beautiful surrounds and Cooks' Cottage.
Speak to the friendly team about the attractions at the gardens and get their tips for the best local spots to visit next.
The centre offers:
- information about walks, tours and sights in the gardens
- Cooks' Cottage tickets and merchandise
- local knowledge and personal insights about Melbourne
- guides, brochures and maps
- public transport information
- free Wi-Fi and connectivity to tourism websites
- gift shop
- onsite cafe KereKere Green
East Melbourne 3002
Dates and times
Teachers and school groups
School groups must pre-arrange their visit to the Fitzroy Gardens Visitor Centre and Cooks' Cottage (whether accompanied by a teacher or not). Please email email@example.com.
Our visitor centres
Melbourne Visitor Booth
Kiosk in the Bourke Street Mall with information on shopping, attractions and events.
Melbourne Visitor Hub
Stop by the Town Hall for information and help on planning your time in Melbourne.
Queen Victoria Market Visitor Hub
Trusted local advice on how to explore the market and beyond.
Sign up to What's On weekly
Queen Victoria Women's Centre
An iconic Melbourne landmark and centre for the advancement of women.
A World Heritage Site known for its Victorian fountain and tree-lined avenues.