On-street parking is available throughout the municipality, with 3000 marked parking
bays in the central city. Parking restrictions are in operation to help make these car parking spaces more
readily available for shoppers, visitors and residents.
For more information on street parking, visit:
Commercial car parks
In central Melbourne, you're never more than 200m from a supervised, commercial
car park. There are 140 commercial car parks and most offer short-and long-stay deals, early bird specials and
The City of Melbourne owns two off-street car parks:
For more city car-parking options, you can visit the following operators:
Street parking for larger vehicles (caravans and campervans)
- The City of Melbourne does not provide specialised on-street parking for caravans or
vans within the municipality.
- If you choose to park in parking bays, road rules require the vehicle to be parked completely within a parking bay.
- If the vehicle is too long or too wide, the vehicle must be parked within the minimum number of parking bays.
- If the vehicles remain attached to each other, you only need to pay for one parking meter.
- If they are detached or separated, then a parking fee must be paid for both.
- Please note, it is prohibited to sleep or live in parked
vehicles as per Council by-law covering camping in public places.
Commercial car parks for larger vehicles
Queen Victoria Market
- Appropriate for most caravans and vans. No height limit.
- Corner Franklin and Queen streets (access from Franklin Street)
- Open Monday to Friday 6am to 7pm, Saturday and Sunday 6am to 6pm
- Cars left after closing hours will incur an additional $30.00 exit fee
- Find out more on the Carepark
Some locations have a higher height restriction of 2.1 metres:
- Southern Cross, 121 Exhibition Street, Melbourne
- The Foundry, 399 Bourke Street and 368 Little Collins Street, Melbourne
- 50 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne
- 340 La Trobe Street, Melbourne
- The Strand, 250 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne (enter from 323 Lonsdale Street)
- AXA Centre, 750 Collins Street, Docklands (enter from Rebecca Lane)
- 23 Queens Road, Melbourne (enter from Queens Lane)
- 522 Flinders Lane, Melbourne (open 24 hours Fridays and Saturdays)
Visit Secure Parking for more information on locations, hours of operation and height restrictions.
Some locations have no height restrictions:
- Digital Harbour, Corner Harbour Esplanade and Dudley streets, Docklands Operates 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- 800 Bourke Street, Docklands
- The South Wharf Retail Park (Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre)
Lorimer and Montague streets, or Normanby Road. Operates 24 hours per day, 7
days per week.
- Freeway Carpark, Munro Street, South Melbourne (under Westgate Freeway)
Other Wilson Parking locations may have a height restriction of 2.1m - visit Wilson Parking for more details.
- 127-129 Kavanagh Street, Southbank
- 2 Bowen Crescent, Melbourne
- 3 Meaden Street, Southbank
- Railway Place, Southbank
Visit Ace Parking
for further information regarding other locations, hours of operation and height restrictions.