Set in the heritage-listed Fitzroy Gardens, this visitor centre is your first stop from which to explore the beautiful surrounds and Cooks' Cottage. Speak to our friendly team about the range of experiences on offer at the gardens and get their tips for the best local spots to visit next.
The Fitzroy Gardens Visitors Centre offers:
- information about walks, tours and visiting the Aboriginal scarred tree, Conservatory, Fairies Tree and Model Tudor Village
- Cooks' Cottage tickets and merchandise
- local knowledge and personal insights about Melbourne
- guides, brochures and maps
- public transport information
- free Wi-Fi and connectivity to tourism websites
- gift shop
- KereKere Green cafe
Speak to the staff at the Visitor Centre for tips on the best way to experience the gardens and beyond.
Open daily from 9am to 5pm
Closed Christmas Day
Teachers and school groups
Please note that all school groups must pre-arrange their visit to the Fitzroy Gardens Visitor Centre and Cooks' Cottage (whether accompanied by a teacher or not). Please contact the coordinator on 03 9419 5766.
Discover Fitzroy Gardens
Read about more things to do in the picturesque Fitzroy Gardens or download the self-guided walk [PDF 495KB] to explore the Fitzroy Gardens, nearby sights and beyond.