The City of Melbourne proudly presents internationally-acclaimed organist Joseph Nolan performing The Vierne Project, Louis Vierne's complete organ symphonies, over five days.
Vierne's symphonies are among the organ repertoire's most challenging and impressive works. The symphonies, characterised by their complexity, virtuosity, and emotional power, are a true test of the performer's ability and a thrilling experience for the listener.
The Vierne Project series consists of six performances:
- Tuesday 18 July, 1pm Symphony No.1
- Thursday 20 July, 1pm Symphony No.2
- Monday 24 July, 1pm Symphony No.3
- Monday 24 July, 7pm Symphony No.5
- Wednesday 26 July, 1pm Symphony No.4
- Friday 28 July, 1pm Symphony No.6
Not to be missed, this event will showcase the remarkable sound of the Melbourne Town Hall's historic Grand Organ, considered one of the world's finest instruments of its kind.
The Vierne Project promises to be a tour de force of musicianship and technical prowess.