Be inspired and engage with special public installations, buy Melbourne made and designed, enjoy daily in-store offers and delectable goodies from stores, eateries and businesses across the Flinders Quarter.
• Do, Shop, Dine: 15 days of offers and specials from participating businesses.
• Christmas Arcade Downunder: Campbell Arcade transforms into a Christmas wonderland, featuring creative small businesses.
• Wonder Botanical Sculptural Art: see the beauty of art and nature with a large-scale sculpture suspended in the centre of Degraves Street.
• Play and Listen: Play Me, I'm Yours street piano, in partnership with Arts Centre Melbourne.
• Animated Christmas selfie greeting: create beautiful Christmas selfie greetings that come to life in augmented reality.
• Nicholas Building Photo Essay: A photo essay of some of the talented creative tenants of the historic Nicholas Building is on display on the Metro Tunnel hoardings on City Square.
• Give with purchase: make a purchase at any participating Flinders Quarter business and donate to support local homeless projects.
The Festival of Independents is presented by the Metro Tunnel Project in partnership with Flinders Quarter businesses.
Flinders Quarter Precinct
Melbourne VIC 3000
The Flinders Quarter precinct includes: Flinders St, Degraves St, Flinders Lane, Centre Pl, Manchester Ln, Scott Alley, Campbell Arcade, Cathedral Arcade, Centreway Arcade and the Nicholas building.
Dates and times
29/11/2019 to 13/12/2019
Mon: 9am – late
Tue: 9am – late
Wed: 9am – late
Thu: 9am – late
Fri: 9am – late
Sun: 9am – late
Flinders Quarter businesses are open per standard trading hours - contact individually for specific times. Campbell Arcade (Christmas Arcade) will be accessible until 7pm on weekdays and til 5.30pm on Saturdays, closed on Sunday.
This is a free event
How to get there
Public Transport Victoria