Set in the iconic Queensbridge Square and along the south bank of the Yarra, the Taiwan Festival is a vibrant celebration of Taiwanese culture, traditions, cuisine, arts and entertainment.
The 2019 event theme is ‘Fun Taiwan’, showcasing the very best of Taiwan and the Taiwanese community spirit. Playing host to more than 50 stalls, the event will be divided into four sections: Culture, Food, Industry and Amusement/Novelties.
There will be plenty to see and do at the Festival, including:
- Various cultural and art activities.
- Delicious Taiwanese cuisine and other delicacies from across Asia, as well as demonstration on how to make them.
- Fun traditional Taiwanese novelties, including diabolo, spinning tops, puppets play performance, etc.
- Small gifts and introduction on Taiwan’s fascinating nature and popular tourist sites.
- Full entertainment program, including traditional and modern performing arts, Taiwanese indigenous dance, drum performance, native costume parade, dragon and lion dancing and more.