The Flinders Quarter Augmented Art Walk celebrates the rich history, modern-day life and exciting future of this vibrant precinct in the heart of Melbourne.
Encompassing a diverse collection of artworks over multiple sites, each of the featured artworks will come to life through digital animation and sound on mobile devices via the Eyejack app.
There are 12 locations:
1. The Rising Orb: Hope by Vexta, Degraves Place.
2. Portal by Sutu, Journal Cafe, 253 Flinders Lane.
3. City Brain by Sutu, City Library, 253 Flinders Lane.
4. Many Hands by Alex Mitchell, Bared Shoes,11 Manchester Lane.
5. Pink Fit by The Huxleys, Scott Alley.
6. Standing Room Only by Chelsea Gustafsson, Vintage Sole, Cathedral Arcade, 6/37 Swanston St.
7. Stuff in Nature, Nature in Stuff by Jacob Leary, Flinders Lane Gallery, Level 1, Nicholas Building.
8. Chloe by Jules Joseph Lefebvre, Young & Jackson, Level 1, 1 Swanston St.
9. Maria 2.0 by Sutu, Dangerfield, 224 Flinders St.
10. Many Hands II by Alex Mitchell, Shop 8A, Campbell Arcade (underground).
11. Growing Garments by Adele Varcoe, Crn Flinders & Degraves St.
12. The Flight by Sutu, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Melbourne, 270 Flinders St.
Copies of the Flinders Quarter Augmented Art Walk map (designed by Flinders Quarter-based animation artist, Isobel Knowles) can be picked up at participating Flinders Quarter businesses and Metro Tunnel HQ (125-133 Swanston St).
The Augmented Art Walk is a business support initiative presented by Metro Tunnel.
1 Degraves Place
Melbourne VIC 3000
The Vexta artwork can be found on Degraves Place, just off the corner of Degraves Street.
Dates and times
14/08/2019 to 14/09/2019
Mon: all day
Tue: all day
Wed: all day
Thu: all day
Fri: all day
Sat: all day
Sun: all day
Artwork within stores is available to view during normal trading hours.
This is a free event
How to get there
Public Transport Victoria