Named after Melbourne's co-founder, John Pascoe Fawkner, and first reserved in 1862, Fawkner Park remains largely unchanged from its original design.
Features include two art deco brick pavilions and meandering paths lined with Moreton Bay figs, elms, poplars and oaks. The park is a popular spot for a game of tennis, and the tennis club has a cafe.
Summer weekend cricket matches have an Engilsh 'village green' atmosphere, with spectators making use of the free on-site barbecues and picnic areas.
The Fawkner Park Children's Centre is also within the park, along with playgrounds and sports grounds.